|Tasty Tea Loaf|
This yummy tea loaf bake from ex-Blue Peter 'maker and baker' Gillian Shearing is so easy to make, contains no fat and is incredibly warming on these chilly February days.
2 mugs of mixed fruit e.g. raisins, currants, sultanas
1 mug of hot tea – no milk or sugar
1 mug of sugar
2 mugs of self-raising flour
1 beaten egg
Preheat the oven to 180° C or Gas Mark 4.
Use the same mug for measuring all the ingredients
· Put 2 mugs of fruit in a mixing bowl.
· Pour on 1 mug of hot tea and stir.
· Add 1 mug of sugar and stir well. Leave fruit to soak for about an hour until cool.
· Add 2 mugs of self-raising flour and fold in until most of the flour is combined.
· Fold in the beaten egg.
· Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
· Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for 1 ½ hours.
· Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
· Slice and enjoy.
This loaf is delicious eaten by itself or with butter, honey or jam.